Illustration: Authorial Practice MA
Develop your unique authorial voice on this studio-based MA Illustration course. You’ll learn to see your work as an evolving practice, as you challenge and re-evaluate your personal visual language with the help of experienced practitioners.
|Course Duration||1 year / 2 years|
|Attendance||Full-time / Part-time|
At the heart of this course is an examination of authorship and storytelling. Through hands-on workshops, you'll develop skills like screen-printing, creative writing and bookbinding, while working on longer-term projects in your choice of media. Taking an entrepreneurial approach, you'll develop your professional practice and consider outlets for your work.
- Join the only MA Illustration course with a specific academic focus on authorial practice
- Mount a professional presentation of work from your negotiated project
- Access professional facilities, including a print room and dedicated MA studio space
- Learn from high profile guest speakers and industry-savvy tutors
- Benefit from our close relationship with independent publisher Atlantic Press, with opportunities for placements and internships
- Study over one or two years
In response to the Covid-19 pandemic, we have reviewed and made changes to our courses to provide flexible, blended delivery that offers high-quality digital engagement and access to face-to-face teaching in our facilities. You can see how your course may be adjusted by viewing the changes for the current academic year by visiting our welcome letters & latest course updates page