Architectural Design & Technology BSc(Hons)
Learn to integrate design, construction technology, building engineering and construction management in this multifaceted degree.
|Course Duration||3 years / 4 years|
|UCAS code||K101 (3 year) / K102 (4 year)|
|Subject to validation during this academic year||✔|
This course is new for entry year 2021.
Taught with a hands on approach and deep concern for sustainability and green thinking, you'll learn the digital skills required to simulate, model, design and test construction technology through real life design challenges. With an optional placement year in professional practice, this course will put you on the right path to an exciting career working in construction technology.
This course is pursuing accreditation by the Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists (CIAT) and we will update the course page to reflect the outcome.
- Explore digital design, modelling, simulation and manufacturing processes
- Acquire a set of digital skills to equip you for the future
- Learn how to manage construction challenges and integrate technological solutions
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of Building Information Modelling (BIM) and Integrated Environmental Solution (IES)
- Have the opportunity to work with industry specialists
- Work on real life, industry focused briefs
- Gain access to technical facilities to support your design and modelling
Choose between a three-year degree or a four-year degree with a year of professional practice. While you must select one for your UCAS application, you’ll have the chance to change your decision up to the end of your second year.