Learn through making on this RIBA and ARB accredited course. Working on live briefs in a studio environment, you’ll hone your skills designing and building real architectural projects. While supported by practicing professionals, you’ll define your own agenda within a broad architectural context.
|Course Duration||3 years|
You'll discover how to design specifically for unique places. As you work, you'll gain valuable industry skills and learn to design in harmony with challenging locations.
- Learn in a collaborative, studio-based environment that reflects real-life workspaces
- Have the opportunity to gain valuable experience through a three-week professional placement
- Work on socially engaged live-build projects for clients like the Eden Project and the National Trust
- Attend guest lectures from specialists across the industry
- Access excellent technical facilities to explore your design projects through a range of analogue and digital fabrication processes
- Benefit from strong connections with professional practice, learning from experienced practitioners
The course is ARB part 1 prescribed and RIBA part 1 validated.
As we follow the roadmap out of the pandemic, for the academic year 2021/22, the University expects to be able to deliver courses as they were designed. However, the institution must comply with any public health measures that are imposed by Government and may need to vary its delivery at short notice. Examples of amendments we have previously made to modules to comply with government guidance can be found here.
Architectural Design & Technology BSc(Hons)
Learn to integrate design, construction technology, building engineering and construction management in this multifaceted degree.
Graphic Design BA(Hons)
With an emphasis on design thinking and crafting big ideas beautifully, this course is your springboard to a career in the creative industries. You’...
Interior Design BA(Hons)
Delve into the world of built spaces, interior environments and the people who inhabit them. Through live projects and industry partnerships, you’ll...
Textile Design BA(Hons)
On our textile design course, you’ll be part of a vibrant, supportive community of multidisciplinary textile designers and makers. You’ll discover...
Sustainable Product Design BA(Hons)
Immerse yourself in the future of sustainable product design on a course that’s driven by the major challenges facing humankind today. Develop your...