Develop expertise and knowledge of drawing by exploring traditional and contemporary approaches to the subject. Thinking beyond simply mark-making on paper, you’ll investigate the material and conceptual possibilities of the field and its applications in social, public and professional contexts.
|Course Duration||3 years|
With close support from our academic staff, you'll take an individual journey to develop a drawing language of your own. Falmouth is one of only a select number of UK universities to offer a pure drawing degree and is the ideal location to grow your skills in this field of practice.
- Work in our purpose-built, dedicated suite of studios with like-minded peers.
- Study a variety of approaches to the subject, including life drawing, printmaking, digital methods, reportage and animation.
- Have the opportunity to go on residential study visits to places like Amsterdam, the Isles of Scilly, London and Venice.
- Have the chance to benefit from a work placement in your second year, where you'll make connections and have opportunities to explore the practical applications of drawing in professional contexts.
- Engage in critical discussions around drawing discourse with students from all years of the course in our student-led debate series.
- Have the chance, throughout your degree, to exhibit your work. Previous spaces have included Trelissick House, Wheal Martyn Clay Works, Gallery Tresco, R.K. Burt Paper Gallery and ShelterBox Truro.
In response to the Covid-19 pandemic, we have reviewed and made changes to our courses to provide flexible, blended delivery that offers high-quality digital engagement and access to face-to-face teaching in our facilities. You can see how your course may be adjusted by viewing the changes for the current academic year by visiting our welcome letters & latest course updates pages