Game Animation BA(Hons)
Join a community of people who have a real passion for games. From day one, you’ll work as you would within a team in the industry, developing your own games. You’ll replicate professional practice, learning in a range of environments to discover your specialism and prepare for the career you want.
|Course Duration||3 years|
You'll explore the fundamentals of game development and the various roles and processes within the industry, while specialising in game animation.
Working in multi-skilled teams, you'll apply game theory to the creation of novel digital games, allowing you to develop your practice as an animator and experience the whole process of game development.
- Build your own games from day one and have the opportunity to establish your own company in your third year.
- Work in one of largest and best equipped dedicated game making spaces of any university in the UK.
- Change the games industry by making original games for new markets.
- Work in a department dedicated to gaming and be surrounded by people working in all aspects of the industry.
- Learn the fundamentals of animation and rigging in practical game-making.
- Develop a multi-disciplinary approach, using Unity and Unreal to touch upon all aspects of game creation.
- Be guided by specialists across game animation and game development, including industry veterans and internationally recognised researchers.
As we follow the roadmap out of the pandemic, for the academic year 2021/22, the University expects to be able to deliver courses as they were designed. However, the institution must comply with any public health measures that are imposed by Government and may need to vary its delivery at short notice. Examples of amendments we have previously made to modules to comply with government guidance can be found here.
Computer Science BSc(Hons)
New immersive realities, data-rich and informed interactions, automations, and ever-more connected clouds are shaping the way the world operates and...
Drive the future of live entertainment with this innovative esports degree course. Bridging communications, games, business and events, you'll learn...
Explore the world of artificial intelligence and create interactive robots that respond to the challenges of modern life – from the rapid growth of...
Immersive Computing BSc(Hons)
Use new and experimental technology to create exciting learning environments, make accessible experiences and bring the impossible to life. You’ll...
Game Development BA(Hons)
Join a community of people who have a real passion for games. From day one, you’ll work as you would within a team in the industry, developing your...
Game Art BA(Hons)
Join our Game Art degree and develop your creative capabilities while honing the skills you’ll need to make it as a successful artist in the games...
Computing for Games BSc(Hons)
Master the skills needed to shape the games of the future by studying games through the lens of computer science. Building upon industry-standard...