Game Art BA(Hons)
Join our game art degree and develop your creative capabilities while honing the skills you’ll need to make it as a successful artist in the games industry. You’ll study game art principles alongside traditional art practice, building your expertise to contribute to a major game development project in your second and third year.
|Course Duration||3 years|
As a game artist, you'll be joining one of the fastest growing sectors of the games industry, and be in higher demand than ever before. On this course, you'll work within game development teams and graduate as a skilled artist with your own distinctive style.
- Learn about concept art, character art and environment art as well as the pipelines and processes used to make games.
- Work in an industry-standard environment with access to Cintiqs.
- Make complete games by working in multidisciplinary teams and collaborating in engines like Unreal and Unity.
- Acquire the skills you need to make a successful career from your artistic talent
- Be surrounded by people who live and breathe games.
- Master a range of industry-standard tools used to produce game art including ZBrush, Maya, Substance Painter, Marmoset and Marvelous Designer.
In response to the Covid-19 pandemic, we have reviewed and made changes to our courses to provide flexible, blended delivery that offers high-quality digital engagement and access to face-to-face teaching in our facilities. You can see how your course may be adjusted by viewing the changes for the current academic year by visiting our welcome letters & latest course updates pages
Open Days and Campus Tours
See how we turn real industry experience into real careers.