You’ll build interactive robots that respond to the rapid growth of the Internet of Things and the global market for smart devices. Challenged with exciting opportunities, you’ll learn how to design engaging human-robot interactions and build working prototypes.
|Course Duration||3 years / 4 years|
|UCAS code||I490 (3 year)/ I491 (4 year)|
This course is new for entry year 2021.
Taking a creative and humanistic approach, this degree will challenge you to integrate physical computing with human-centred design. After establishing a firm foundation in developing software and hardware, you'll apply your skills to both individual projects and major collaborations.
- Apply your skills to inspiring projects spanning creative and technical domains, on briefs set by industry partners.
- Build robots that interact with people and environments in novel and interesting ways.
- Develop an understanding of the societal and cultural context for robotics and the implications for the design, engineering, deployment and adoption of robotic technologies.
- Implement robotic systems that leverage the state-of-the-art in artificial intelligence.
- Obtain a mastery of programming and physical fabrication by working on practical problems in a bespoke social robotics lab.
Choose between a three-year degree or a four-year degree with a year of professional practice. While you must select one for your UCAS application, you’ll have the chance to change your decision up to the end of your second year.
In response to the Covid-19 pandemic, we have reviewed and made changes to our courses to provide flexible, blended delivery that offers high-quality digital engagement and access to face-to-face teaching in our facilities. You can see how your course may be adjusted by viewing the changes for the current academic year by visiting our welcome letters & latest course updates pages